Three key ways to enhance your social network through facebook.
If you are new to Facebook, you must be wondering, what is the point of Facebook? What will these virtual friends and groups do to help me in the real world? If you’re purely on Facebook for social reasons, it is a fun way to find old friends, connect with new ones, and keep in touch with anyone that is most likely connected to the world of Facebook. For other people that may be on Facebook for Business related reasons like myself, there are a million ways to advertise, connect, and learn tons of new information.
The #1 Key to Facebook: CONNECTING
- Find people that are interested in YOUR group, fan page, business, etc…
- Facebook offers two majors ways to instantly connect with someone. Keep these in mind when you find someone that you may have a good connection with or think may be of help.
- Facebook messages are just like email. Use this to start a conversation with a new friend directly through Facebook.
- Facebook Instant Messanger functions just like iChat, or Skype Chat. But on Facebook, you can see when your friends are on-line and have a live conversation. This is a helpful tool to hand information back and forth instantly, and connect to things you may not have usually found.
- Your Facebook, and the work you put into it only have value if the viewers are interested. Make sure your content is Interesting,easy to follow, and holds the interest of your viewers.
- Target YOUR Facebook friends. Facebook Fan Pages even have a tool that allows you to see who is viewing your page. Target those people and see the outcome.
The #2 Key to Facebook: VIRAL ADVERTISING
- Interesting content is what attracts people to your facebook. Find engaging youtube videos, links to interesting news articles. Facebook groups and Fan pages allow you to easily connect your friends to the things you want them to see. Pull things from your site, your friend’s Facebook’s, publish what you find interesting and what will grab people’s attention.
- People see your interesting content, grab it and post it. Before you know it, three times as many people are looking at it within hours and sharing it with people you would never have the tools to connect with.
The #3 Key to Facebook: UPDATE
- People do not want to see old links, videos, and pictures.
- Facebook allows a person to immediately post something NEW.
- Keep your Facebook up to date with key things you want your friends to see that will help them and help you connect and learn.
Facebook has a million possibilities for any person. Take it and use it to your advantage today